Wednesday 23 January 2013

Short Shorts

For todays DIY I decided to make a pair of shorts :) I used a Nail file, pyramid studs,chalk or a pencil and a tweezers
1. First cut your shorts to the desired length. its best to make with chalk or pencil to make sure they are the same length.  It's better to cut them too long than too short especially if you are fraying them!

2. Next I frayed them and faded them using a nail file. its gives a cool faded effect but the more you do it, it can develop little holes so be careful :)

3. Next I studded the inner pocket. I use a tweezers to close the studs once I have positioned them where I want them. It's much nicer on your fingers!!

Now for my next pair of shorts I needed a stitch ripper (can pick them up in Tesco or any suermarket), thread, a needle, an old hair band/head band and chalk or a pencil.
1. Repeat step one above :)


2. On the inside of the shorts draw cross shapes with your chalk/pencil. thread your needle and hand sew the crosses by sewing around the design. I suggest doubling the thread in the needle so your stitch is thicker. Be patient its a slow process!

3. Fray the end of your shorts using your stitch ripper or a needle. The easiest way to fray is to keep pulling the horizontal threads. 
4. Next I cut up on old lace hand band and measured it up against the short pocket and inner pocket. Because of the materials likeliness to fray I folded it once to create a seam and stop fraying. I used a sewing machine to stitch it on but of course you could definitely hand sew it.



So those were my little DIYs for the day.. loads more to come as I just bought all of these off Ebay. there are some great deals out there but you can get these ones here.   

No comments:

Post a Comment