Thursday 17 January 2013

So hello :)

Hello, I'm Joanne and I'm going to give this blogging craic a go!! I think I will mainly be posting a few ideas and DIY's I have done.
 So here goes. This is a bodycon dress I got and wore once, I felt it was a bit booby for how tight it was so I put it to the back of the wardrobe for the last year. Then as a favour to a friend I took up her beautiful Topshop midi dress (turns out midis are way too long for short people!!) After taking it up I was left with a bit of material from the end. So I put it to good use.
1. I ironed out the bit of material and measured it against the area I planned to sew it to, using tailors chalk I traced the shape onto the material on the side without the print.
2. Fold over the material to create a seam and stop it from fraying with wear. it makes it easier if you press the seam so it doesnt unfold while your sewing it.
3. I used a sewing machine to sew the material in place but you can also hand sew it, Place the material print side up and sew around the shape of the gap. Ensure to back stitch at the end so threads do not unravel.
Im quite happy with the result... Wish I had taken a picture of the steps though, next time I will. Bye for now :)
The dress in question

The midi I got the material from.
The Final result.



3 comments:

  1. Ooooh I like! Who owes the midi by the way!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah! I really want one on missguided!!!

    ReplyDelete